Terms and Conditions
Are per Villa maximum 6 guests in Blue Crane Villa, per night and are subject to change without prior notice. The Hornbill Lodge rates are per person per night if not booked exclusively. Longhill Lodge reserves the right to alter or amend tariffs and tariff periods without prior notice.
BALANCE OF PAYMENT
Accommodation is payable 30 days prior to date of arrival for Tour Operators, Direct bookings 7 days prior to arrival or on departure.
EXCLUSIONS FROM ROOM RATE ONLY
All meals, activities, transfers, telephone calls, laundry and any items of a personal nature.
PEAK SEASON (01 DEC – 15 JAN)
Minimum 2 night stay.
Minimum 2 night stay on weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
Check-in time: 14h00
Check-out time: 10h00
(Late Check-out by prior arrangement where possible)
A deposit of 50% is payable at the time of booking to confirm the reservation. Remaining balance due on arrival.
Cancellations made15- 21 days prior to arrival: 25% of the booking value will be retained from the deposit paid to cover the administration fees incurred by the property.
8-14 Days prior to arrival: 50% of the total accommodation amount will be charged.
0-7 Days prior to arrival: 100% of the total accommodation amount will be charged.
No Show: 100% of the total accommodation amount will be charged.
In the event of a premature departure the full extent of the stay, as originally booked and confirmed, will be charged.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
All rates are in South African Rands and include VAT.
No Tourism Levies are charged at present.
Maximum amount of guests are as per booking confirmation, any additional guests would incur an additional charge and are subject to availability.
Infants (0-3 years) stay free. Please advise of any special needs such as high-chairs and sleeping cots.
4-12 years pay fixed rate of R380/child if the child is extra to minimum 6 adults (except from 15 Dec to 15 Jan – the Blue Crane Villa is sold at a fixed price / unit).
Visitors are welcome but only designated Guests may sleep on the property at night (pre arrangement with Lodge is necessary). Visitors are not allowed in the rooms and must be entertained in the lounges and/or other public areas provided.
Maximum speed limit on the farm is 40km.
Villa keys must be handed over to our host on departure or left in the door.
Children of all ages are welcome.
No children under 5 on our guided hikes.
No children under 12 on our self-guided trails and cycling routes without adult supervision.
All Villas are non-smoking.
No pets’ allowed!
ACTIVITIES AT EXTRA COST
Game drives, Guided Hikes, Star gazing at the lodge, Giraffe encounter, and In-house Massages can be organized (pre-booking at least 48 hours for massages).
UNIVERSAL ACCESS (‘UA’)
– please advise us of any physical or other challenges anyone in your party may be faced with. We use our best endeavours to meet international UA standards. TWIN/DOUBLE/SINGLE BEDS – please advise if you have any preference.
It is strongly advised that you arrange adequate insurance cover such as cancellation due to illness, accident or injury, personal accident and personal liability, loss of or damage to baggage and sport equipment. (Note that is not an exhaustive list). We will not be responsible or liable if you fail to take adequate insurance cover or none at all. Should the insurers dispute their liability for any reason, you will have recourse against the insurers only. Once the insurance has been confirmed and paid for, you will be issued with a policy document of the insurer. It is a complex document, which must be read BEFORE YOU initiate your travel so that you can address any queries you may have to the insurer PRIOR to your departure. Please note that various credit card providers offer limited levels of travel insurance. Kindly check with the respective credit card providers in order to obtain the specific details of the cover.
We reserve the right to charge you for, inter alia, breakage, spillage and stains. If any of the above is apparent upon your arrival, same must be reported immediately to reception and a receipt confirming the report of damage must be obtained. This clause applies (without limitation) to lost keys, fobs and towels. Any such amounts will be added to your invoice and is payable upon departure. No food, whatsoever, may be prepared in your room.
Whilst we will use our best endeavours to advise you of and to return to you any belongings left in your room or the premises – any costs so incurred (e.g., courier services) will be for your account. However, in lieu of the above, any such goods will only be kept by us for 6 (six) months. At the end of which period, we reserve the right in our sole discretion to dispose thereof and you will have no right of recourse against us.
The Principal Customer and all members of his/her family and/or group agree that he/she will at all times comply with our requirements and instructions in regard to his/her conduct and he/she will not in any way constitute a hindrance to any other guests. The Principal Customer indemnifies and holds us harmless against damages suffered and/or costs incurred by him/her and/or any third party as a result of a breach of this clause.
Management and staff or any other person associated with Longhill Lodge will not be held liable for any loss, damage, injury, or illness incurred or suffered by any guests or any other person whilst on the premises or property of the owners of Longhill Lodge.
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
While Longhill Lodge takes reasonable measures to ensure that the contents of its Website are accurate and complete, the Lodge makes no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, as to the quality, timeliness, operation, integrity, availability or functionality of its Website or as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information on its Website. Longhill Lodge reserves the right to make changes, corrections and/or improvements to the information and to the products and programs described in such information, at any time without notice.
Longhill Lodge will use reasonable endeavours to maintain the availability of the Website, except during scheduled maintenance periods, and reserves the right to discontinue providing the Website or the service or any part thereof with or without notice to you. Any person who accesses the Website or relies on the Website or on the information contained in on the Website does so at his or her own risk.
In addition to the disclaimers contained elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions, Longhill Lodge also makes no warranty or representation, whether express or implied, that the information or files available on the Website are free of viruses, spyware, malware, trojans, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, destroy, compromise or jeopardise the operation, stability, security functionality or content of your computer system, computer network, hardware or software in any way. Longhill Lodge does not accept any responsibility for any errors or omissions on its Website.
CHANGES TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Longhill Lodge reserves the right to update and/or amend the Terms and Conditions from time to time and without any notice, and you are accordingly encouraged to check the Website regularly. Any such change will only apply to your use of the Website after the change is displayed on this Website. If you use the Website after such updated or amended Terms and Conditions have been displayed on the Website, you will be deemed to have accepted such updates or amendments.
Longhill Lodge may in its sole discretion terminate, suspend and modify its Website and/or your use of the Website, with or without notice to you. You agree that Longhill Lodge will not be liable to you in the event that it chooses to suspend, modify or terminate its Website or your use of the Website.
The Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa and application for any of the services offered on the Longhill Lodge Website pages or sites will constitute your consent and submission to the jurisdiction of the South African courts regarding all proceedings, transactions, applications or the like instituted by either party against the other, arising from any of the terms and conditions pertaining to such services.
1. I, on behalf of all persons in my party, agree that Longhill Lodge, the owner/ operator and manager of the Lodge, their respective directors, officers, affiliates, employees, representatives and service providers (collectively described as “Longhill Lodge”) shall not be responsible or liable for any death or injury to any person or loss or damage to any property, howsoever and by whomsoever caused or arising from our stay and use of the Hotel Lodge facilities and amenities, whether due to negligent acts or omissions of the Longhill Lodge or not. I and all in my party, unconditionally and irrevocably, indemnify and hold harmless all entities and persons in the Longhill Lodge in respect of any responsibility, liability and/or damages, direct and indirect, as aforesaid.
2. I accept personal responsibility for payment of all amounts arising from my party’s stay at the Lodge.
3. I/we are obligated to vacate my/our room/s at the designated check-out time, unless I have made prior alternative check-out arrangements with the management of the Lodge. My/our failure to do so will result in my liability for the costs of an additional night’s accommodation.
4. Internet access at the Hotel Lodge is unsecured and I/we use such internet access strictly at my/our own risk.
5. The Lodge’s management reserves the right to request any guest to leave the Hotel Lodge if they are causing a disturbance or annoying other guests or Hotel Lodge staff or behaving in an unacceptable manner at the sole discretion of the Lodge’s management.
6. I understand and accept that Longhill Lodge collects the personal information (“personal information”) of all persons in my party for purposes of loyalty programmes and special offers. I, on behalf of all in my party, expressly consent and grant permission to the Longhill Lodge to:-
7. Collect, collate, process, study and use the personal information; and
8. Communicate directly with me/us from time to time, unless I have stated to the contrary below.
9. The use of the personal information by Longhill Lodge shall be subject to the following conditions:
10. The consent to use the personal information may at any time be withdrawn in writing by me/us and Longhill Lodge shall cease to use the data within 5 days after receipt of the written notice.
11. Longhill Lodge shall take all reasonable steps to secure and protect the personal information disclosed by me/us.
12. Longhill Lodge may only distribute the personal information to its business associates, affiliates and its authentic service providers with my express consent.
13. Exclude me / us from direct communication via: – (please tick one or as many as applicable) • Email • SMS • Telephone • Post • social media
14. I / we have no obligation to provide Longhill Lodge with the consents and permissions contained herein and I/we do so willingly, freely and voluntary.
15. Longhill Lodge shall not be responsible for any disclosure, use, damages and/or losses incurred because of the use and/or disclosure and/or loss of personal information.
I am of/over age  and authorised to effect reservations and to accept the conditions applying thereto, on behalf of all those detailed above
Guest signature: __________________________________